CheapAndChicNYC

Hi! We're Cheap And Chic NYC, your source for fun and frugal things to experience around New York City. We cover travel, shopping, restaurants, nightlife, outdoor fun, music, theatre, performing arts and everything in between. Browse for tips, check out our links, or share your own suggestions with us! Entertainment Blog Top Sites

Saturday, February 18, 2006


Havana Alma de Cuba, where the flava of Cuba meets the taste palette of NYC

Let me take you to the West Village of NYC to a small restaurant where the taste and ambiance are out of this word. As you enter this tiny place, you are greeted with the sounds of a two piece band. The music adds that extra feeling of comfort to this place. You want to drink, socialize and stay for awhile. My friend and I started off with some sangria, which I tell you was the best sangria I ever tasted in my life. The combination of flavors and fruit kept me wanting more, 3 glasses to be exact. It was smooth and I felt no pain! Then on to the next order of business: the food. Instead of ordering a main entree we decided to go with a whole bunch of appetizers. Some of my favorites include the Papas Rellenas ($3.95 stuffed potatoes with ground beef and grated cheese) and if you are a true seafood lover the ceviche ($9.95) with red snapper was flavorful with fresh snapper, cilantro, lime and possibly a hint of spice. I also enjoyed the piping hot sopa de polla ($3.95) which was a mildly spicy mix of corn, chicken and avocado soup. Oh, I did order a side order of fufu de platano ($3.95) which was a sweet mashed plantains....Sinfully delicious. To finish off the marathon of food goodness we decided to order some dessert. I am not historically a big fan of flan, but I was strongly encouraged to try and I was so glad I did. It was sweet with a texture of coconut and caramel. I will never snub the flan again. The whole meal was incredibly declicious, but the flan was the perfect way to end a scrumptious meal. This restaurant is perfect for friends, coworkers or that special date. Havana Alma de la Cuba will fill your belly, but will not break your budget.


Havana Alma de Cuba, Cuban, Spanish, Latin American
94 Christopher St, New York 10014/At Bleecker St
Phone: 212-242-3800

They are easy get to a you can check out the menus at: http://www.havanavillagenyc.com/media/websitehavanavillage.html

I love to eat and try cheap and chic restaurants, but NYC is filled with so many good places to eat. Check out my favorite websites for all the best flavors of NYC, no matter where you are.
http://www.menupages.com/index.asp

Toodles for now,
Alecia

cheap eat restaurant frugal fun delicious chic new york city nyc tourist attraction

Entertainment Blog Top Sites

2 Comments:

At 11:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never heard of this place, but it's on my short list to check out now. Your posts are both informative and fun to read. Thanks.

 
At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally! A blog worth reading! Keep it up. A Grateful Reader

 

Post a Comment

<< Home