CheapAndChicNYC

Hi! We're Cheap And Chic NYC, your source for fun and frugal things to experience around New York City. We cover travel, shopping, restaurants, nightlife, outdoor fun, music, theatre, performing arts and everything in between. Browse for tips, check out our links, or share your own suggestions with us! Entertainment Blog Top Sites

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Theater Thursday - Sort of


I decided to be a tourist the other day and check out Serendipity 3. The restaurant is in one of my favorite movies and I always wanted to go but never made it there. It became famous when Andy Warhol announced it was his favorite sweet shop.
movin out theater
Reservations are highly recommended because this is the kind of place where you need to keep an extra $20 handy. Two women in front of me left in a huff because they were told it would be a two hour wait. They frequently tell groups of three or more to check back every 45 minutes because they have so few tables. Welcome to NYC! When I smiled and asked how long the wait was for one, "shh ... don't tell anyone but I can seat you right now."
movin out theater
It is a sweet enough place with the white octagon tile floor and a zillion stained glass light fixtures over each table. The downstairs is pretty cramped and busy so see if you can sit upstairs. I ordered a small banana split which could easily satisfy two. Unfortunately, it was $12 and wasn't that amazing. I could have made the same thing at home. Better yet, I could have gone to this little gelato place in Connecticut and had some amazing dessert! The frozen hot chocolate is the signature dish and the service was so good that maybe I'll go back one last time.
movin out theater
Serendipity 3
225 East 60th
btwn 3rd and 2nd avenues
212-838-3531 - reservations
http://www.serendipity3.com/
movin out theater

1 Comments:

At 4:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

i heart the frozen hot chocolate there :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home