CheapAndChicNYC

Hi! We're Cheap And Chic NYC, your source for fun and frugal things to experience around New York City. We cover travel, shopping, restaurants, nightlife, outdoor fun, music, theatre, performing arts and everything in between. Browse for tips, check out our links, or share your own suggestions with us! Entertainment Blog Top Sites

Friday, April 07, 2006

Theater Update - review

Hey, hey - this is Cait with a review of this amazing show that I saw last weekend in previews.
movin out theater
This great little show is called Seven.11 Convenience Theater and is running at the Kraine theater. I laughed, I cried, I couldn't get the closing number out of my head and that was all within 90 minutes or so.
movin out theater
This show is a series of 11 plays that run for 7 minutes and are set in various 7-11 stores. Get it? Isn't that clever! 7-11 in 7-11s. They even had a 7-11 on Broadway help with publicity.
movin out theater
Now the best part - that I didn't realize before I decided to go - each show deals with race relations from an Asian point of view. These six actors were so wonderful taking on different believeable roles and ethnicities at such a quick speed. The roles included a kung-fu hustler, run-away teenagers, a hilarious futuristic free-for-all for Manhattan, and not one but TWO original pop musicals.
movin out theater
As an added bonus, there is a bar upstairs and chats after the matinees.
movin out theater
I can't wait for their 5th season of Seven.11 convience theater! For more info - check out
www.desipina.org
movin out theater
Seven.11
Thursday-Saturday at 8pm; Sunday Matinee at 2pm
The Kraine on 85 E. 4th street
$17 Adults, $11 Student rush tickets (at the door only) Use the box office on the left.


If you see the show, leave me a comment to let me know what you think!

7 Comments:

At 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear it's great!

 
At 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Think I'll go...

 
At 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great ideas!

 
At 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love these ideas!

 
At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
[url=http://mhnqogos.com/ogbi/egti.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://ovcymnmv.com/offf/uhls.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://mhnqogos.com/ogbi/egti.html | http://xjmtjrak.com/bsea/gdnx.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home